Localgiving is dedicated to providing funding opportunities and advocacy for local charities and community groups in the UK. Our mission is to safeguard the sustainability of the local voluntary sector by empowering charitable organisations to connect with supporters, fundraise online and take control of their future.
Since we launched in 2009:
• Over 4,000 charities and community groups have created their individual web page to raise donations
• Over 60,000 supporters have registered on the site to support local charities and build a better future for their community
• Nearly 600 fundraisers have created their own page to raise money for a cause they deeply care about
• Nearly 6,000 direct debits have been set up providing ongoing support for charities
• Generated £5.5m in online donations for local charities, enabling them to continue their valuable work
• facilitated over £1.75m in match fund grants through partnerships with trusts, foundations and the government
• Provided digital skills training to over 1,000 local charities, helping them to increase awareness, money and support
• Developed and run a successful capacity building pilot scheme for small, rural charities.
Localgiving.com is a not-for-profit organisation. We charge small fees for charity memberships and on donations but re-invest surplus money into:
• Enhancements and new features for the site to improve the service for charities, fundraisers and supporters and make online fundraising easier
• Training workshops for local charities and community groups, teaching online fundraising and digital marketing skills
• Marketing and advertising campaigns to raise public awareness of the sector
• Fundraising campaigns to secure match funding opportunities that allow all charities on the platform to benefit from additional funding
Localgiving.com is a not-for-profit social enterprise 80% owned by Localgiving Foundation (formerly the Ardbrack Foundation), charity registration number 1132411, and 20% owned by UK Community Foundations, charity registration number 1004630. Both are registered UK charities committed to supporting local communities.
Localgiving.com is a Limited Company, registered in the UK
Company registration number: 07111208
VAT registration number: 985 9875 25
Registered address: Localgiving.com Limited, 39 Berwyn Road, Richmond, TW10 5BU